Possible alternative behaviours for user creation at install time (was Re: anaconda / initial-setup / gnome-initial-setup: can we do this better?)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue May 21 21:27:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 17:22 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:

> > Both g-i-s and anaconda/i-s appear to offer at least some mechanism for
> > configuring remote user accounts. I don't know in detail what
> > technologies they support; the g-i-s one looks like it supports at least
> > AD, I don't know what else. The anaconda/i-s "Use network login..."
> > button appears to do nothing in F19 Beta RC2. I'll file a bug on that.
>
> It used to 'support' ldap and krb5 for auth and even a freeipa option,
> but didn't really work in F18.

Well, same button name, but the button you're thinking of in F18 was
part of firstboot, which is now dead code. I don't know if the code
behind the similarly-named button in anaconda shares anything in common
with it. Clearly, though, they've improved it to work magically and
instantly with zero user input ;)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey