prelink performance gains

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 19:17:23 UTC 2013

On 10/15/2013 06:40 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> Improved performance.

I'm not sure where this is coming from but it looks like people are
confusing "improved performance" with "improved startup of applications".

And afaik it can trigger false positive with security related
applications as well various applications are not compatible with
prelink ( is everything that can be and we ship by default compatible? ) .

I say we should remove it from the standard comps group thus making it
optional to install for people that see some benefit in still using it.

JBG