19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Thu Sep 5 20:04:00 UTC 2013

On 09/05/2013 02:52 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> so, no whatever macro is repsonsible for this exactly at the release
> with a non well thought release name this happens -why in the world
> does Fedora again and agin make decisions which are *not* tested and
> months before release the impact is known are *not* reverted? *do not
> touch my hand-made grub-configuration due kernel-updates* except teh
> path to the kernel and initrd which works since many years - *nobody*
> needs release names at all and and least nobody needs inisting in show
> them at the first output at boot in a broken way
There seem to be two separate issues here---correct me if I am wrong.
Issue 1) is whether the boot message should show Fedora release
numbers---it could be argued either way but in any case isn't a big deal
IMHO.  Issue 2) is a conflict with your 'hand-made grub-configuration'.
This could not have been tested by anyone else but you, then?