abrt Bugzilla summary

Karel Zak kzak at redhat.com
Mon Sep 16 08:36:41 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:38:41AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:35:20 +0200
> Jakub Filak <jfilak at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > a bugzilla ticket [1] requiring a better Bugzilla summary field text
> > produced by abrt has been filed. Before I start changing the bug
> > summary format I'd like to do a little survey:
> >
> > What would you like see in the bug summaries produced by abrt?
>
> I actually disagree with the reporter of the bug.
>
> I prefer to have the component name in the subject of the bug. It's
> true that you can look this up by going to the bug on the web and that
> it's in the initial email, but after that the context of update emails
> is not there, so it's harder for me to know _which_ of the many abrt
> bugs this is.

Please, fix/improve your email client UI. All bugzilla emails
contain all necessary information in email header:

  for example:

For example if you use mutt then all you need is to add

    unignore X-Bugzilla-Product X-Bugzilla-Component

to your .muttrc.

It's pretty common that we don't have component name in BZ summary...

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak at redhat.com>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com