About F19 Firewall

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Sep 17 13:02:51 UTC 2013

P J P wrote:
> Hmmn, it should have been a package for user to install at will, rather
> than a replacement of an understandable firewall.

+1, the fact that this is opt-out rather than opt-in (even for upgrades from
Fedora ≤ 17 – I had to go out of my way to disable that "feature"
immediately after upgrading to F18) really sucks, also considering that it
is written in Python. (The core system should be free of interpreted
languages. Lennart is going out of his way to replace shell stuff by fast
native code in systemd, why sabotage that effort by shoving a Python
firewall down our throats?)

        Kevin Kofler