dnf-0.4.11

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 23:43:13 UTC 2014

First of all, this is not, and have never been a question of disabled
repos. Or should not have. "yum clean all" refers to cleaning all metadata,
not all repos. It only operates on one single repo, be it implicit (the
default link) or an explicit -r option.

This is what confuses. I know:  been there done that... Even though the
documents are clear, the behaviour does indeed cause confusion for some
reason even though it's well-defined.

Of course, changing semantics for yum is a bad idea, agreed. I did not have
anything like that in mind. At most, some info on what buildroot which is
used in the output, or similar measures.

For dnf, I guess one could possibly think somewhat more free. Personally, I
tend to think that it's the implicit buildroot which causes much of this
trouble.

What happens if we get rid of the implcit buildroot, forcing us to specify
it every time? With 'default' as a legal option? Personally, I tend to
think this might make things a little clearer.

Just my 5 öre
--alec