Fedora.next: I would like working configurations

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jan 27 22:33:40 UTC 2014

On Jan 27, 2014, at 2:16 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason why these daemons are not ready to run is that when they used to be ready to run, they caused problems with whatever environment was already there. We used to ship tools which could do what was thought to be a reasonable job of configuring them but it quickly turned into that no one does their environment the same way and doesn't want to be told to do it like anyone else.

At least with something cleanly installed, I'd like it to work with "Fedora's best practices" in mind, understanding what is best practices is often in flux. One thing I see Fedora doing is helping me sharpen the saw, not do things my way. Best practices doesn't necessarily mean on by default, however.

Chris Murphy