dnf even allows to uninstall RPM and systemd without warnings

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 12:25:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-06-24 at 11:45 +0200, Thomas Bendler wrote:
>         On 24 June 2014 10:31, Thomas Bendler <ml at bendler-net.de>
>         wrote:
>         > you need to unlock the gun before you can shoot in your
>         foot...
>         > ...and modern systems ask you up to four, five times
>
>         How many different locks does a gun have? Last time I checked
>         there
>         was one safety catch -- DNF asks you for 'y/N' confirmation
>         with a
>

> ​Three safety locks the last time I used it. After inserting the
> magazine I had to load the bullet first, then I had to unlock the gun
> and then I had to pull the trigger. I don't think that this procedure
> happens accidentally.

Two of which aren't safety features, but just part of the mechanism how
a gun can be fired. Because everyone loves car analogies: The safety
mechanism that keeps your car from moving isn't the tank which can be
empty or the ignition which can be switched off, or the accelerator
which you can decide not to push down, but the brakes. Mind that I'm not
arguing against an additional safety if it can be switched off, but I
wouldn't miss it either.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty