Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Nov 18 20:50:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 09:44:04 -0800,
  "Gerald B. Cox" <gbcox at bzb.us> wrote:
>I am aware of bugs you mentioned.  The fact remains that Chromium is the
>only viable alternative to Firefox...

Why do you claim that? What requirements do you think we must provide
for in our default browser that other browser we have packages for
don't meet? I find Midori reasonable on x86_64. There is currently an
i686 problem because a library it uses is compiled with an incorrect
architecure (it uses instructions that aren't supported on hardware
Fedora is upposed to support). So I have problems with it on i686, but
this isn't directly a Midori problem. Seamonkey seems pretty reasonable
as well.