Sponsors - who does (not) work on FE-NEEDSPONSOR tickets

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 08:50:55 UTC 2015

Dne 20.8.2015 v 08:57 Ralf Corsepius napsal(a):
> 5. You cannot push around sponsors.
> The ability to sponsor packagers is a privilege and not a duty. It's not going to fly to make a volunteer privilege a
> burdon.

I repeated several times in this thread that it is perfectly fine when there is "no activity" beside your name.
I know that there is activity that cannot be measured.

> That said, I considering your ongoing campaign to be harmful to Fedora.

I'm really sad to hear this.

I was just watching the ongoing reports of want-to-be-contributors how hard is to get sponsored; reports how Fedora
Repository stalled [1]; discussion that we actually do not know how many active sponsors we have.
So I wanted to do something about it. So I start with this metric in the hope that it may show us where are the space
for improvement.
However since I got only negative feedback, I'm probably really doing something bad. Therefore I back off from this
activity and will do something else.

[1] https://eischmann.wordpress.com/2015/07/27/growth-of-fedora-repository-has-almost-stalled/

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA