systemd-219 issues with 22 and Rawhide composes

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:54:06 UTC 2015

Hi

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek  wrote:

> And seriously, Rahul Sundaram is hardly a "third party person". He's one
> of the active maintainers of systemd package, which you can easily
> check in the pkgdb, as well as your colleague from Red Hat.

Neither is correct at this point but as you note below, this isn't the
relevant part

But even if he was, it should hardly matter. He made a bug report
> providing the necessary justification (quoting upstream manpage), and
> it should make no difference whether he is active in other areas
> or if that bug report was his first contribution to Fedora.

FWIW,  just in case anyone is curious, I filed a bug report against Google
Chrome to drop the dependency on redhat-lsb package since it is a meta
package for a while and pulls in a long list of dependencies and the only
reason afaik for this dependency is to read the distribution name and
version.  os-release provides a standard location and format for this
information these days but it is confusing to have the system behave
differently from how the documentation says it should be setup and I
requested the change and it has been subsequently made (not by me).

I also independently filed a bug report to deprecate the distro specific
file but FESCo has rejected that. I don't believe that having this
information in multiple places is a good way to maintain a distribution and
we should strive to move to a single canonical location. I don't see a
reason not to add some documentation providing an advance notice of this
but whatever.

Rahul