Unexpected NIC naming f23 firewall implications

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Nov 8 19:29:11 UTC 2015

On Sat, Nov 07, 2015 at 05:28:54PM +0000, Christopher wrote:
> I recently updated my desktop to f23, and it went smoothly, for the most
> part. However, it broke my mediatomb server because the NIC changed from
> em1 to eno1.
>
> Is this something that was expected? It certainly surprised me.

It happened to a bunch of servers when I updated them from F22 to F23.
Their NICs changed from p6p1 -> enp3s0.  It was annoying because I had
to boot each one with a display and keyboard and change the network
configuration by hand.

"predictable, stable network interface names"
https://wiki.freedesktop.org/www/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v