Dealing with the "my packages" problem

David Airlie airlied at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 21:39:43 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

But that doesn't scale.

And scaling is important. We aren't developing a set of 4000s silos here,
we are meant to be developing a coherent operating system.

You don't stuff, get over it, maintain it as best you can, if someone else
screws it up, git revert and move on. If someone persistently screws things
up then we should deal with *that* problem. I don't think we have anyone
actively trying to screw up Fedora, so in theory we are all on the same team
and pulling in the same direction. So maybe if we started with an attitude
that they are have a good reason for touching the package, and worked with
that instead of defaulting to silos it would help a lot more.

Dave.