Better irc policies?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 14 12:44:35 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 02:36:08PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> To set the cat among the pigeons a bit, it'd sure be interesting to
> consider setting up one of the F/OSS Slack-alikes for Fedora use...of
> course, there's a question of at what point we have too many tools.

I'd be very much in favor of something which lowers the barrier to
participation here. IRC isn't hard once you're used to it, but
NickServ, ChanServ, Zodbot, etc., add a layer of confusion and
complication. It's not just newbies and non-geeks that we're shutting
out. Only a small percentage of tech people - sysadmins, developers,
etc. - have a working familiarity with IRC.

It'd be especially nice to have something which could integrate with
FAS and with the Fedora Hubs.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>