To someone with power to push packages on Fedora 21

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Oct 19 13:49:42 UTC 2015

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:33:38 +0200
Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil at redhat.com> wrote:

> There were filed and "fixed" exactly the opposite Bugs, to switch
> from NVRA to the FEDORA-2015-7113eaf84e style:
> 	RFE: use update alias/updateid instead of update title in
> methods https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/186
> 	URLs should use update ID not title
> 	https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/221
>
> So I am not going to fight it back.  But I have found - despite such
> URL is not listed anywhere - one can still use the NVRA.  So these
> URLs are the same:
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-7113eaf84e
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/gdb-7.9.1-20.fc22

Right as is:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-7113eaf84e/anything-at-all

So, when posting a list of bodhi urls, it's best IMHO to use:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/$UPDATEID/$packagenames

so people can see what packages are mentioned.

The updates-testing report already does this.

kevin