To someone with power to push packages on Fedora 21

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Oct 23 06:23:58 UTC 2015

Am 23.10.2015 um 04:37 schrieb Kevin Kofler:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>> it *is* useful in case nobody reports a problem because you get the
>> confirmation the package not only works for you
>
> Sorry, "it is not useful" was too strong a statement. I mean it is not *as
> relevant* for the decision whether to push the update as the presence or
> absence of reported issues. (That said, Bodhi rules are such that a generic
> +1 often *is* important because otherwise Bodhi won't let me push the update
> at all.)
>
> (In addition, a more precise statement what exactly was tested is also more
> useful than a generic "works for me", but I realize it can be hard to state
> this without wasting hours writing novels for many packages.)

frankly i use fedora-easy-karma and updates-testing over years enabled
and a "works for me" is what it says - nothing is appearently broken

even if a update says it fixes a specific bug which never affected me
"works for me" means no regressions for my daily workload and so if it
improves something for other users -> push it out, it don't harm me