Minutes from FDSCo (03-May-2005)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri May 6 23:41:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 18:16 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>, spake thus:
>
> > Another way is to have a massive common module that must be checked out
> > and available at ../.  I think I prefer to have it all within ./ and
> > just fix the few docs we have.
> >
> > Does this make sense?
>
> Not to me.  Just take the current structure we have and move it up
> one directory level.  Make a separate module out of every top-level
> directory you see there.  Couple of benefits:
>
> 1) Directory/module structure makes commonality obvious; which
>
> 2) Reduces tempation to fiddle with style sheets, Makefiles, et. al.,
>    because they "just aren't yours".
>
> I like the file system layout to mirror our approach and what few
> policies we have in place.
>
> Of course, this is just my $0.02e+31 worth ;-)

Yeah, I reversed myself in another post not one minute later, which you
are probably reading right now.  I agree with your reasoning, and now
that I see how it works, great!

Can you and Paul work on the details for the following, then create a
window to do it in to keep from having merge/sync problems?

* Move everything in fedora-docs up one level and make them separate
modules
* Leave the common files where they are
* Make the changes to CVSROOT/modules so that checking out a module
makes sure you get the common modules (xsl/, common/, css/, etc.)

Tell me how to grant you two the permissions you need to make this
happen.  I'd like you both to help with CVS maintenace, s'il vous plait.

cheers - Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide