Fedora docs processing (Was: [fedora-java] batik [Fwd: Re: com.sun.image.*])

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Thu Oct 20 00:15:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 17:05 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:

> > I'm wondering if the simplest solution for the Fedora Docs team is for
> > us to strip out Batik's JPEG handling.  Perhaps it's not required for
> > their work-flow.
> >
> > Karsten - can you provide some simple docs and show us how you would
> > process them using a proprietary Java solution?  We should be able to
> > determine from this whether or not we can ignore the problem classes (as
> > a near term solution).
>
> AFAIK, we are using PNG and EPS only for our graphics.  I don't know of
> any reason we cannot strip out JPEG handling.
>
> Fedora doc folk, what think ye?

Sounds fine.

AFAIK, the Install Guide is the only document that uses graphics, and it
uses PNG and EPS for screenshots. The Documentation Guide recommends
that graphics should be avoided, and specifies those two file types for
essential graphics. So if there are JPEGs in our docs, they shouldn't be
there :)

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA