On the localization infrasturcutre of the Docs project

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:33:48 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:31:00PM +0200, Dimitri Glezos wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Petr Kovar <pkovar at redhat.com> wrote:
> > We mention the L10n management system for each guide in this table:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table
>
> I hate to be the one asking the obvious.. but on this topic I feel
> that very little is being discussed openly. Some obvious Qs, some of
> which have been pointed out in the past by a number of people:
>
> - Have any blocker issues been raised to the Transifex team and
>   haven't been addressed? The issue in question has been asked
>   just 10 days ago, and replied to the same day.. [1]
>
> - Have the costs of having two separate platforms been carefully &
>   openly weighted by the L10n community? Has it discussed, requested
>   and approved the usage of another platform?
>
> - Since the Fedora Infrastructure has not approved the RFR [2],
>   why has this been deployed outside of Fedora and privately pushed?
>
> Right now, a different platform is being shoved down the L10n team's
> throat without any public discussion or effort to work on top of
> what we have. This is just wrong. We're Fedora, we can do way better
> than this guys.
>
> -d
>
> [1]: https://github.com/transifex/transifex-client/issues/25
> [2]: http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2011-June/010532.html

Sorry if I read the history wrong here.  It looked to me like someone
raised the issue of a config file in June 2012, there was a reply
about it a month later in late July 2012, and a ticket filed in
January 2013 (~6 months later) about the problem that caused the June
2012 issue.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/docs/2012-June/014423.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/docs/2012-July/014465.html

Did I miss an issue reported earlier to the Tx team?