documentation for translation

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Wed Aug 20 14:32:11 UTC 2014

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:18:12 +1000
Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> (2014年08月19日 22:22), Petr Kovar wrote:
> > Hi Noriko and guide owners,
> >
> > It seems the list of guide owners in the spreadsheet was taken directly from
> > the data stored in Tx. The data there does not necessarily reflect
> > who is the actual guide owner/maintainer. You can find a more up-to-date
> > list at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table
>
> OH, indeed, you are right.
> I've updated the list to reflect. Now a couple of guides taken from Tx
> data are not listed in the table provided. Could you mind to check if

Thanks for pointing that out. In theory, the table should list all of our
guides so I guess we will have to update the table quite a bit as that's
essentially the only resource we have to track our docs projects. Anyway...

> they are still active? If so, advise correct owner?
>
> * anaconda-addon-development-guide

Not sure about this one. Anyone?

> * Community Services Infrastructure Security Policy
> * Defensive Coding Guide

Eric?

> * Fedora Cookbook

Pete?

> * Fedora Jargon Buster
> * Fedora Managing Confined Services

I found these two on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_old_guides
so I don't think we want to migrate them. Please correct me if I'm wrong
and they are not dead.

> * Fedora Respin Guide

Not sure. Does anyone know more about this one?

> * Fedora RPM Guide

This guide is pretty much dead. Not sure if we want to preserve the
existing translations and add them to translation memory, for example.
Thoughts?

https://fedora.transifex.com/projects/p/fedora-rpm-guide/

These are listed on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_old_guides

> * FreeIPA Management Guide

This one is listed as FreeIPAGuide in the table and seems to be maintained.

> * rdo docs

No idea. Anyone?

> > Note that the table also includes links to individual Tx projects, I think
> > pretty much all of them are good candidates for migration to Zanata. Again,
> > some of them may not be included in the Fedora Project hub in Tx. Others
> > are already hosted in Zanata on translate.zanata.org, e.g. the
> > Installation Guide.
>
> Ok, thanks. It seems that the move will be smoother.
> Please notice that guides on translate.zanata still require to move to
> fedora.zanata instance. But documentation and support will be provided
> by zanata team, and I believe that the move would be smooth and easy.

Sounds good. The projects hosted in Zanata that I could find are:

https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/project/view/publican-common
https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/project/view/publican-fedora
https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/project/view/fedora-installation-guide

> > Guide owners, could you please check the information in the table and make
> > any necessary changes for your guides?
> >
> > Just thinking loud here... I guess our guide table - FAS writer accounts
> > will require some manual mapping if we want to have all the owners
> > assigned to their guides during the migration. Or we could first assign all
> > the guides to a number of delegated owners, and then reassign to individual
> > guide owners once the migration is complete. Your thoughts?
>
> Thank you so much for your offer!
> Yes, it would be great if you can have a few delegated owners.

Great. I can certainly help out with that. Any other volunteers?

Cheers,
pk