[FAmSCo] Reassignment of Budget Wrangler tasks

Max Spevack mspevack at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 25 15:04:31 UTC 2011

On Sat, 21 May 2011, Igor Pires Soares wrote:

> Hello FAmSCo members and Max,
>
> we have been discussing how to reassign Larry's tasks and one of our
> priorities is to figure out how to better handle the budget wrangler
> tasks.
>
> Since most members are already committed to other tasks we are
> considering to divide the budget wranglers tasks to the group.
> Depending of what those tasks are we can use a regional approach to
> divide them.
>
> Max, could you give us a better idea of those tasks and how we can
> handle this issue?

I see the tasks as budget wrangler to be relatively straightforward:

(1) Keep an eye on where we are from a Regional Spending perspective,
which involves looking at this URL and staying in touch with me.  I
spent a bunch of time yesterday to get this updated.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_Architecture_expenses

(2) Make sure that you're reminding the REGIONAL leaders and meetings to
have their own budget discussions, and that for big events (FISL, SELF,
etc.) those regional teams are coming up with an overall number, and
then transparently planning their spending.

(3) Help triage the FAMSCO tickets so that once things are READY FOR
PAYMENT we can get them paid quickly.  (I've reminded Harish again about
the APAC ones that are pending.)

(4) Try to encourage more spending (but responsible spending) in LATAM
and APAC, which have not seen the same amount of resources.  This will
change a bit, though, because of FISL, which is going to have a number
of media and ambassador expenses that Igor and Jared will be discussing
during FUDCon Panama.

--Max