[Fedora-join] Join-Day - Let's get this rolling!

Remy DeCausemaker decause at redhat.com
Fri Nov 6 19:44:06 UTC 2015

jflory,

One of the ways to help with a Join Day is to have clear onboarding paths
for that particular subproject or team.

One of the first tasks for our soon-to-be Outreachy Intern will be
establishing onboarding badge series' for each team and subproject! As an
example of this, we have the "bootstrapped" series, which is in progress,
but includes a number of common badges that help to introduce new
contributors generally to a number of aspects of the project. (See:
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/ticket/409)

Even if we don't have a badge series identified yet, having the steps
listed to join a particular group will help with both creating the series,
and engaging with new contributors in an event like a Join-Day.

That's my $.02,
--RemyD.