Printer Configuration no longer integrated in System Settings?

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:02:19 UTC 2011

Martin Kho wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I open Printer Configuration in System Settings I get an
> authentication dialog box asking for my root password (not my user -
sudo
> - password). After entering the password a new box opens with all
printers
> and settings and the window in System Settings changes to "Resize
and
> Rotate your display". The System Settings window is 'empty' and all
> controls are disabled (greyed out). The only option I have is
closing
> System Settings.
>
> Anyone else have seen this? Are here one or more bugs, what
components?

> Thanks,
>
> Martin Kho
>
> I'm using F15 (KDE 4.6.5) no testing or kde-redhat repository.

With KDE 4.6.95, I get a message stating:

"The service Printer Configuration does not provide an interface
KCModule...".

Then it goes on:

"Possible Reasons: An error occurred in your last KDE upgrade, leaving
an orphaned control model..."

I know it was working only 2-3 weeks ago, when I last printed a page.
The printer applet correctly detected my printer and all went
smoothly.

However, printing has always been very, very slow, say, 5-10 minutes
for one page. This has been a KDE problem for at least a year or two.