KMail/Dovecot creating mail folder

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Sun Jul 7 09:05:29 UTC 2013

Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> So how would you subscribe to, or unsubscribe from, a given folder?
>>
>> If you right click on the given folder you will see the options
>> Serverside subscriptions and Manage local subscriptions
>
> the question is "how to subscribe" via kmail
>
> you can hardly do this by right click on a non-subscribed folder
> in your folder-list because it is not visible, as said in thunderbird
> this is done via right-click on the parent account

In my case the parent account is the top-level folder "alfred".
When I right-click on this on my laptop and go to Manage Local Subscriptions
I see "alfred" and "inbox" listed, but not "Spam".
If I right-click on "alfred" and go to Serverside Subscriptions
then "Spam" is listed (it is the only item).

If I ssh to my server and run kmail there then I can see the Spam folder,
I can add to or remove emails from it,
and it is listed in Local Subscriptions.

I have tried creating other folders, both on the laptop and on the server,
and the outcome is always the same.
I've also tried re-installing KMail.

When I ran Evolution on the laptop, it saw the Spam folder.

I tried KMail on an old laptop running Fedora-15,
and the problem was the same,
so it doesn't appear to be anything to do with the version of KMail.

Apart from this quirk, KMail seems to be running perfectly on my laptop.

I'm completely baffled, and as always welcome any insight.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net