KMail/Dovecot creating mail folder

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 7 18:25:43 UTC 2013

On Sunday 07 Jul 2013 18:43:19 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Colin J Thomson wrote:
> > Well... I am using Gmail IMAP for one of my accounts and I can subscribe
> > or unsubscribe from the Gmail folders in Kmail2 by right clicking on any
> > folder shown in the IMAP account.
>
> Thanks for your response.
> But if you unsubscribe from a folder in this way can you still see it?
> If not how do you re-subscribe to it.
> (I assume from what I have seen that you do this in the parent folder?)

No it is removed from the folder tree in Kmail2 but it will be still visible
but unchecked via the right click options.
I do this from the parent folder.

> > I am quite new to IMAP so sorry if I am misunderstanding the question,
> > maybe it is different with Gmail IMAP.
>
> I think my problem is more complicated than just subscribing to the folder.
> It seems to be specific to KMail.
> I have no problem if I use Evolution.

I think Gmail IMAP is different, so cannot really help. Maybe ask on the
kdepim-users list as I'm sure there are some Dovecot users there.

FYI as a test I just created a new IMAP account, called it Gmail2 and once set
up all the folders where listed in Kmail2 under the new account.

Colin
--
Fedora 19 (Schrödinger's Cat)
Registered Linux user number #342953