KDE 4.13 and Fedora 20

Ernesto ManrĂ­quez Mendoza ernesto.manriquez at outlook.com
Fri Apr 4 19:52:22 UTC 2014

Greetings, KDE lovers.

Traditionally I've been subscribed to the kde-unstable repository, but, on
this cycle, there has been no activity related to KDE 4.13, the soon to be
included Baloo, or with the CPU load decrease associated to it. Also, there
are several unrelated efforts to bring an update to the Mesa stack, including
libxcb 1.10, an update that makes impossible to use KDE without a recompile of
both Qt 4 and Qt 5. This needs further testing, because there seems to be a
consensus to upgrade Fedora 20 to Mesa 10.1, LLVM 3.4, and the required libxcb
1.10 version.

So, my questions are.

1. Will KDE 4.13 be included in Fedora 20, starting with the kde-unstable
repositories? Any ETA? Or will an upgrade to Fedora 21 (Rawhide, technically)
be required?
2. Will a rebuild of Qt 4 and Qt 5 against libxcb 1.10 be provided? The
"libxcb0-compat" solution provided in the fschwarz Copr repository doesn't
work, because it crashes every program using Qt 5 (I rely on Sigil, so, it's
not an option for me).

Please, keep doing such an amazing work. Thanks in advance.