F22 blocker/freeze exception review: on-list? in-bug? special meeting?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed May 13 03:53:02 UTC 2015

On 05/13/15 11:27, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-05-13 at 07:53 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> Session restore doesn't seem like a great FE candidate, since
>>> people
>>> don't usually use sessions on live images. Post-install issues like
>>> that can be handled fine with updates; the update will be
>>> available as
>>> a 0-day if karma'ed.
>> I suppose I may have mis-understood the question.  As I didn't read
>> this as being "live image" centric.
> Basically, things that can't be fixed with updates are the prime
> candidates for blocker/FE status. So, installer bugs, bugs that are
> visible when booted live, and kernel/X/etc. showstoppers which would
> prevent you getting an install done.
>
> Issues that are apparent only after install *can* be blocker/FE bugs,
> but there's a higher bar for it.
>
>> I generally don't use/test the Live images all that much.  But, if
>> folks use the Live images as a way of deciding if they will use the
>> release and if the Live image supports logging out/in.....then I
>> still feel it is a must.
> You *can* log out / log in on the live image, but it's not something
> that's very commonly used, I don't think.
>
>> One question.  Would a netinstall eliminate the need to install and
>> then update to get the fix?
> A default netinstall would, yes - by default network installs use the
> updates repository as a package source. You can disable it, but that
> takes effort.
>
> Immediately after installing from the live image the bug would be
> present, but it'd be solved on the first update.

OK....  I looked at the link

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kf5-plasma-5.10.0-2.fc22

and it seems quite a few packages are updated for this.  Is there a repo somewhere with all the packages so that they can be tested now?  I don't think they are in updates-testing....at least not when I checked last.