[Fedora-spins] Electronic Lab spin .iso

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:20:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

--- On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
| I think I did that: I participated in testing the spin and files bugs
| for the problems I found. The missing icon in urxvt's menu entry was
| fixed, but the broken electronics-menu was not, even though I tested the
| workaround and confirmed it works. I also filed a but against the
| gnome-menus package that causes electronics-menus to break and provided
| a patch upstream. What more do you expect?
\--

I had actually asked for the things to be tested _before_ the release process.

---
| As the spins maintainer I need to ensure that all spins meet the release
| criteria, but I cannot test all the spins. I need more people to help me
| and if nobody cares for a spin for several months, I don't think this
| spin deserves to be released.
\--

I still don't know how the .iso was missed during the release even
after it was approved:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/16/Spins

I just want to make sure that this doesn't happen to other spins in
the future. But, if you don't want to discuss it, I won't.

---
| If you want Jared to do this please contact him directly and not
| through the list,
| but I fail to see how something can be urgent now if
| nobody cared to do it for months.
\--

Since, the communication has been on the list, I am just continuing to
follow it up. With due respect to the patience of the list members, I
will stop here.

Thanks for your feedback and replies,

SK

--