Prepaid Czech SIM?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 08:09:26 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> Sort of similar to
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/flock-planning/2013-July/000225.html
> but relevant to this year's location :)
>
> Are there providers of voice/text/data prepaid SIM's? It seems so, but
> my Czech is non-existent so I couldn't make heads or tails of the
> provider sites or figure out how much it costs (data is separate?
> That's what I'd mostly be using).

Yes,
there are many providers of prepaid SIMs. You have two options - take
SIM card from main three operators (T-Mobile, Vodafone or O2) or
there are many small virtual operators you can buy SIM card from
(Blesk mobil at any newstand, Tesco Mobile at Tesco) but usually
with very limited data offering.

I'll take a look on what are the options, with decent data for a few
day.

> I have an LTE Nexus 5 FWIW, but I'm obviously certain that other
> attendees have other devices (including the dreaded iPhone! :D)

For LTE, the coverage is still pretty much limited, city center is
ok but there's 3G in Prague. On 2100 MHz.

> -Jon
>
> PS - I bought my flight (not requesting sponsorship). It cost $1,666.
> I've been injured every time I've traveled for Fedora in recent
> memory, including canceling my Flock trip last year. Why does that
> price make me feel something is going to go horribly wrong??? :)

We should sponsor bodyguards for you :).

Jaroslav