fedora l10n qa testday another slip

Noriko Mizumoto noriko.mizumoto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 06:28:49 UTC 2012

(2012年09月14日 15:19), A S Alam wrote:
> 09/12/2012 04:01 PM ਨੂੰ, Noriko Mizumoto ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
>> (2012年09月11日 20:49), Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>>> On Tuesday 11 of September 2012 12:12:36 apeter at redhat.com wrote:
>>>> Dear All,
>>>> We have tried installing Alpha TC5 and its working (we are testing the
>>>> currently prepared test cases). Do you really think its necessary to
>>>> postpone the l10n testing? Or can we go ahead testing with the 
>>>> scheduled
>>>> date [1]  with available ISO?
>>> There's also RC2 now available, at least Lives seems ok to me, 
>>> trying DVD
>>> installation right now. So I hope we are very close to the final Alpha.
>> Thank you for these good news, confirming that recent lives start 
>> working.
>> I've read others posts too.
>> Please notice that we are NOT using any TC or RC. Because those
>> generally do not contain latest translation, and no point to have
>> l10n-qa-test with such image. The image must be composed specifically
>> for l10n-qa-test with latest translation by release engineering, and
>> will be composed for this purpose. This has been discussed, confirmed
>> and approved between FLSCO and FESCO. Besides, TC or RC may be used for
>> i18n-qa-test. These two tests are different with separate purpose and
>> process.
>> A request of repackaging with latest translation and a request of
>> composing the image from them are made to fedora package maintainers and
>> release engineering respectively, a week and a few days before the test
>> day accordingly. It means that allowing more time increases the chance
>> for smaller teams to have a image with more translation completed to
>> test. In other words, a image to be composed end of next week can
>> contain more translation than a image to be composed end of this week.
>> With this point of view, I see beneficial to follow the slip. In
>> addition, assuming many or some of translators are also busy translating
>> Gnome 3.6 which translation deadline is 25-Sep and will be part of F18,
>> it would also be good idea to have qa-test-day on 27-Sep after this due.
>> However, if majority of translators feel comfortable to stick with
>> 2012-09-20, l10n-qa-test should be organized with such date.
>> I will be out of town tomorrow and Friday and no access to internet. If
>> l10n-qa-test day stays same 2012-09-20, the above requests need to be
>> organized asap.  Could you please someone organize instead? Repackaging
>> request simply can be sent out to devel-announcement ML. For composing,
>> please refer to the tickets [1] and [2].
>> [1]:https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5306
>> [2]:https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/301
> request for get latest build from updates-testing already sent (thanks 
> tagoh), so currently continue with mentioned dates.
>  - Need to send request on devel-announcement mailing list
>  - test ISO (with i18n
> Alpha GOLD declared, so it can be installed and updated for testing.

I can see the request for i18n test, not l10n test.
As said before, sending request to devel-announcement is must for l10n 
test. Otherwise package maintainers won't pick up, rebuild and push 
their packages with latest translation. There is no request found in the 
archive [1], therefore we can not expect any build containing latest 
translation to test atm. Please notice that i18n test and l10n test are 
different, and can be organized separately.



> thanks

More information about the fltg mailing list