FAD @ 12th Free Software International Forum

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 15:55:52 UTC 2011

On 06/08/2011 07:54 AM, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> Em Dom, 2011-05-22 às 22:40 -0300, Igor Pires Soares escreveu:
>> FAmSCo agreed on sponsoring lodging and travel for two folks in May 14th
>> meeting. Since Jared and Dennis are also coming, it's a good idea to
>> book everyone's rooms together, so they can stay at the same hotel.
>> Would be nice if we coordinate the rooms reservation and FAD activities
>> in FUDCon Panama.
>>
>> The invoice for media production was also submitted to the FAmSCo track
>> and is waiting for approval.
> At FUDCon Panama Jared and I sorted out some tickets for FISL. I updated
> the FAmSCo tickets accordingly after the event. Here is the outcome:
>
> Lodging subsidies (double rooms):
>
> Jared Smith
>
> Dennis Gilmore
>
> Daniel Bruno - (previously approved by FAmSCo) -
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dbruno
>
> Wolnei Junior - (previously approved by FAmSCo) -
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Wolnei
>
> Diego Búrigo Zacarão - (Really nice to have if additional budget is
> available) - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Diegobz
>
> Lenno Azevedo - (Nice to have if additional budget is available, could
> share room with Diego or Wolnei) -
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Lennoazevedo
>

> Airfare subsidies:
>
> Wolnei Junior - (previously approved by FAmSCo)
>
> Jared Smith
>
> Dennis Gilmore
>
> Updated spreadsheet:
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuIKQhUCZgdldGZyRUlobFVLQ3Z3X20tdnFLRGNKamc&hl=pt_BR&authkey=CILsysQB
> (Do not include Jared's and Dennis' tickets and lodging)
>
> It is a good time for us to start purchasing the airfares and book the
> rooms, since the event is a couple weeks away.
>
> Max would like to use local Red Hat office for media and swag payments,
> what I find difficult to happen in the short term, so I think we need to
> start working on some alternatives. The media production company sent me
> information for international bank transfer. I don't know if that will
> work for us, but it is an option.
Here is the link for the FAD page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FISL12

Normally we put the proposed budget in the wiki page for the FAD
itself.  I'd really like us to stay in the habit of doing that, so we
have the information as a point of reference say, next year, or the year
after, for "what we spent and how we spent it."

Is the media *just* for this event?  I'm curious about whether or not we
seem to be going towards a model where we're ordering media specifically
for events, and if we need to start just thinking about ordering more
media in bulk to save money, rather than having lots of special orders.

-Robyn