FAD @ 12th Free Software International Forum

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 17:19:49 UTC 2011

Em Qua, 2011-06-08 às 08:55 -0700, Robyn Bergeron escreveu:
> > Max would like to use local Red Hat office for media and swag payments,
> > what I find difficult to happen in the short term, so I think we need to
> > start working on some alternatives. The media production company sent me
> > information for international bank transfer. I don't know if that will
> > work for us, but it is an option.
> Here is the link for the FAD page:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FISL12
>
> Normally we put the proposed budget in the wiki page for the FAD
> itself.  I'd really like us to stay in the habit of doing that, so we
> have the information as a point of reference say, next year, or the year
> after, for "what we spent and how we spent it."

That is a good practice, indeed, and it is good for the transparency.
But I would like to do that after we have a confirmation of how much we
can spend. On the wiki people could edit the budget randomly and costs
go out of control. I'd rather have all information first and then add
there.

> Is the media *just* for this event?  I'm curious about whether or not we
> seem to be going towards a model where we're ordering media specifically
> for events, and if we need to start just thinking about ordering more
> media in bulk to save money, rather than having lots of special orders.

No, media is for the whole F15 time frame. Ambassadors made the requests
on local ticket system[1] and we came up with a media quantity needed
for all the events in the next six months, approximately. I agree that
ordering media in bulk is better, it does save money and is easier to
manage in the long term. Unfortunately, the amount of money needed to so
isn't ideal to be transferred via PayPal.

[1] http://rpmdev.proyectofedora.org/issues/503

Regards,
--
Igor Pires Soares
Fedora Ambassador (Brazil) - Member of FAmSCo