[fedora-india] Hi, trouble in fedora media program

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 08:54:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 08:13 +0530, Ashwin wrote:
> Please take note of Madan's request.
>
> Madan was provided a media by a member on the list (great job Ankur)
> no
> issues with me, as long as the request was serviced.
>
> Madan was NOT directed to freemedia program.  Was he ?
>
> Is there any regional or any other kind of bias here ?
>
> with Regards,
> ASHWIN

hi,

Madan was not directed, because the email sounded urgent (I did not
grill him to see if it really was urgent or not), and the free media
program would need him to retry next month.

hmmm... I don't intend to sound rude here but, *Why is "bias" even
coming up here?* How is this constructive? Does it really matter?

Look, there are only some of us servicing media. If one's not, I
strongly feel that he/she really shouldn't be questioning us on what
criteria we use.

If it matters, I'm biased towards :

- folks in and around Karnataka (when I'm in Manipal),
- folks who mail me personally (I do not direct these to the free media
program if I can handle the request), it gives me a chance to personally
get in touch with people (I'm also an Ambassador)
- folks who respond to my further queries (thus showing that they really
are interested)

regards,
Ankur