[fedora-india] Hi, trouble in fedora media program

Ravi D. Sharma rdsharma4u at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 09:46:16 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Being a fedora ambassador or free media program, you can't make bias to
anyone whatever was the reason, blah blah.
So my focus was to direct someone in such a way that he don't bother with
fedora. And whatever Mr. @Rahul if you want to do bias please i suggest not
to give your views here. As i know this is open source and accessible to
everyone and you are going out of bound.

@ASHWIN
Madan is also not directed to fedora media program. and i deeply appreciate
your reply to Rahul.

@Frank
i have directed to Arshad to get enrolled for a ticket not to send a copy
directly and also apologies for miss conduction.

regards,
 Ravi

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 08:13 +0530, Ashwin wrote:
> > Please take note of Madan's request.
> >
> > Madan was provided a media by a member on the list (great job Ankur)
> > no
> > issues with me, as long as the request was serviced.
> >
> > Madan was NOT directed to freemedia program.  Was he ?
> >
> > Is there any regional or any other kind of bias here ?
> >
> > with Regards,
> > ASHWIN
>
> hi,
>
> Madan was not directed, because the email sounded urgent (I did not
> grill him to see if it really was urgent or not), and the free media
> program would need him to retry next month.
>
> hmmm... I don't intend to sound rude here but, *Why is "bias" even
> coming up here?* How is this constructive? Does it really matter?
>
> Look, there are only some of us servicing media. If one's not, I
> strongly feel that he/she really shouldn't be questioning us on what
> criteria we use.
>
> If it matters, I'm biased towards :
>
> - folks in and around Karnataka (when I'm in Manipal),
> - folks who mail me personally (I do not direct these to the free media
> program if I can handle the request), it gives me a chance to personally
> get in touch with people (I'm also an Ambassador)
> - folks who respond to my further queries (thus showing that they really
> are interested)
>
> regards,
> Ankur

R.D. Sharma
Fedora Ambassador*,
Lecturer, Bioinformatics, Dept.of Microbiology,CCS University, Meerut