[fedora-india] Student not allowed for Ambassadorship?

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 09:31:28 UTC 2010

>> On 06/03/2010 02:22 PM, Abhradip Mukherjee wrote:
>>> I am looking for an explanation for the below mail that I have received today,

To keep things transparent, let me be on record that the decision of
approving or rejecting probable ambassadors is a subjective one. I
didn't feel he will do a good job as an ambassador because he is a
complete newbie with no clue about FOSS.

> I'd love to read the original response from Susmit.

<quote>
We don't encourage students to be ambassadors. And it is impossible
when you have no experience with FOSS.

If you are interested, please have a look at join.fedoraproject.org
and find out if any other role suits you best. If yes, subscribe to
fedora-india list[1] and send a mail with your skill-set/interests.

Alternatively, you can also ask  for guidance on #fedora-india on IRC freenode.
Thanks.

</quote>

Hope this helps.

Susmit.