[fedora-india] Questionnaire on FUDCon locations :)

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 09:11:59 UTC 2010

> http://press.redhat.com/2009/07/15/fudcon-berlin-provides-venue-for-security-wireless-collaboration/
>
> I think the FUDCon at India will benefit Fedora the same way.

How? Please try to come up with specific points. Try to come to the
level where you actually place the *s and ;s in your source code.

> We *are* the *third largest* contributor to Fedora.  (read /topic at
> #fedora-india)

That means nothing. Nothing whatsoever. First, second, third,
whatever. Those are just buzzwords. They sound nice on a newspaper,
magazine or tabloid.

At the end of the day, what counts is your name in the changelog and
the diff associated with it. Having or not having your name in a
magazine might make you happy or sad, but has nothing to do with the
respect that you earn within the community.

> In the spirit of a good, constructive discussion, I request you to put
> forward your views on why a FUDCon in India is a bad idea.

It is not about "why a FUDCon in India is a bad idea". I can be a
cynic and come up with a dozen reasons. That is not the point.

The point is to think how it is going to make an impact. I tried to
provide some indications on this on IRC yesterday, but unfortunately
it got drowned in the ensuing disucussion.

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.