[fedora-india] Ambassadors in India

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 10 08:06:16 UTC 2010

On 05/10/2010 01:18 PM, Stephanie Das Gupta wrote:
> <snipped>
>> Exactly, then why hold such people accountable for what they are doing
>> on an honorary basis at their own pace (maybe slower than yours and
>> mine), Who are you and me to judge them and declare them *inactive*.
>>
>> Why do you guys get scared when money is discussed ? If you are serious
>> discuss it or take it as a Joke and enjoy it.
>>
>> with Regards,
>> ASHWIN
>>

> How do you think that FOSS / GNOME / KDE has gotten so many devoted
> contributors? Because they are paid? No...I know I don't do it for the
> money, because they are devoted to bettering FOSS and do it for the love
> of it. It should be the same way here. Everything is not about money
> these days, money doesn't need to be the motivating factor everywhere.

Not all, but some do get paid some way or other, not acknowledging this
fact is living in utopia.

It is great you do not do it for money. But then, why judge how
motivated one is for a cause so dear to him / her ?

What if I say, you are not doing enough (as of today) and therefore your
efforts of past be also forgotten by removing your name from list of
contributors. Does it sound nice ?

The question is would you like to judge (or be party to) other people as
contributors / ambassadors / volunteers ? And if yes, on what basis you
don this judgemental role (on equally passionate role of others however
dormant it may be today) ?

with Regards,
ASHWIN