[fedora-india] Report on Poster Competition

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 15:38:36 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Akshay Vyas <akshayvyas29 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>India is a backward country
> India is not a backward country...its developing Country

This is subjective. What is the rank of India in human development
index in the world?
It is lower than that of poor African countries. Only the rich keep
developing themselves.

>>in which majority of the people are illiterate
> Literacy rate in India was 74.04 % in 2011 that leaves 25.96 %
> illiterate...now is this a majority ??

The criteria used for this is always disputed.
Literacy should mean a minimum level of education.
But it never gets implemented that way and surveys are extremely
politicized and unreliable.


A. Mani

A. Mani

More information about the india mailing list