new web app urls discussion

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 19 20:11:41 UTC 2012

Summary from the meeting:

Today in the infrastructure meeting we started talking about how to
move the new packages and tagger apps into production and where we want
them to live in the layout of urls.

Goals:
1. simple for users and remember
2. not overlapping with any of the older apps or existing urls
3. futureproofing for new apps or different interfaces
4. expanding the number of apps we have w/o having them grouped under a
single project (like community was).

Non-Goals of this setup:
 - no interest in preserving the old admin.fp.o/community urls
 - no interest in pinning anything/everything behind admin.fp.o

Suggestions:

packages.fedoraproject.org

some concerns about this are it is a bit confusing with
pkgs.fedoraproject.org.

A couple of ideas there are:
 1. make the new packages app be the frontpage for pkgs.fp.o  - since
 gitweb is.... not performant there.

 2. move pkgs.fp.o to git.fp.o or to fedpkg.fp.o and let the new app
 take over the other urls.

These are just some suggestions we discussed in the meeting.

Please submit more ideas.

-sv