Interested in Gitlab for Fedora Hosted Projects | GSoC 2013

Ranjib Dey dey.ranjib at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 14:20:27 UTC 2013

I share the same concerns. We had similar experience with gitorious too.
And we ended up maintaining our forks. Gitlab shares even more features
with github than gitorious. I suspect its going to be a high maintainance
deployment.

Also withe current trend in rubygem packaging its becoming increasingly
difficult to maintain shared pool of rubygems across apps. One pattern many
app followed is to create omnibus installer (sensu, chef et al) which
bundles everything above glibc. But i wont recomnend that for fedora.