New OpenStack instance - status

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 09:29:36 UTC 2015

On 03/07/2015 07:29 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> * I see that the tenants have the same internal 172.16.0.0 net right
>   now, can we make sure we seperate them from each other? ie, I don't
>   want a infrastructure instance being able to talk to a copr builder
>   if we can avoid it.

Are you sure?
From: playbooks/hosts/fed-cloud09.cloud.fedoraproject.org.yml
  # 172.16.0.1/12 -- 172.21.0.1/12 - Free to take
  # 172.23.0.1/12 - free (but used by old cloud)
  # 172.24.0.1/12 - RESERVED it is used internally for OS
  # 172.25.0.1/12 - Cloudintern
  # 172.26.0.1/12 - infrastructure
  # 172.27.0.1/12 - persistent
  # 172.28.0.1/12 - transient
  # 172.29.0.1/12 - scratch
  # 172.30.0.1/12 - copr
  # 172.31.0.1/12 - Free to take
And checking dashboard I see infra in .26 network and copr in .16. Hmm that is different one, but copr should have .30.
Playbook seems to be correct. Strange.

> * Do we want to also revisit flavors available? Perhaps drop the
>   builder one and just use m1.large for it? we should have resources to
>   use more cpus/mem and should make copr builds faster/better.

80GB is too much, and 4 VCPU too. I think having extra flavor for builder is nice as we can change it any time without
affecting other instances/tenants.

> * Is there any way to see how much space is available on the equalogics
>   aside from just logging into it via ssh?

Unfortunately no.
I reported it as RFE some time ago.
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1380555
You can only amount of used space using cinder list && cinder show volume-id

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS