My proposal for voing and such

warren warren at fedoraos.org
Sun Jan 22 02:33:08 UTC 2012

On 01/21/2012 05:04 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:08:04 +0000
> Dave Riches <david.r at ultracar.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 01/21/2012 07:05 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>>> ok, here's my proposal, feel free to pick it apart, or use it as the
>>> basis for your own different proposal. ;)
>>>
>>> a) The sig controls/manages the following channels:
>>>
>>> #fedora
>>> #fedora-social
>>> #fedora-unregistered
>>> #fedora-ops
>> +1
>>>
>>> b) Voting members are everyone who's an op in any of the managed
>>> channels.
>> Without trying to be pedantic....this does slightly trigger the issue
>> of how does an op expire? I am +o on some of those channels right
>> now...if I disappear for a few years and return....does my status as
>> op, and indeed voting rights remain? If not, how do we handle this
>> (perhaps the expiration of op/definition of active op should be the
>> subject of a different thread?)
>
> It's handed via the removal section below. If someone decides you
> haven't been around for a while and should be removed, they can propose
> it. :)

why should anyone need to propose it?

it's a simple equation, if you're inactive for $predefined_time_period
you're removed. simple.
if you want to keep your ops, you stay active and involved, period.

you had a baby? great news.
you went on a safari for 6 months? fantastic.
you've been training for an everest summit? bravo. sir edmund hillary!

but none of those things has to do with fedora or irc.

if you're not active, why should you be voting on anything you've not
seen it important enough to stay actively involved with?

keep the old boys club alive, ops never expire!