permanently expand all threads in selected folders

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Wed Dec 31 01:59:45 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 30 December 2008 12:19:26 Anne Wilson wrote:
> I don't recall ever seeing the option on a per-folder basis.  You can
> default to open, default to closed or default to closed with threads
> containing new or Important messages open - which is my choice.  As far as
> I can recall that has always been the list of options.  Could you be
> thinking of the last one?

It was possible in the earlier versions. I've gotten so used to KDE 4.1.85 and
Kmail 1.10.92 that I can't remember how I used to do it. I believe you could
set a folder when you were in it, and it would remember - then there was a
global setting that affected everything. All I know is, I could set things the
way I liked them, and they would 'stick' - now, I find myself having to
constantly expand threads as I am refreshing my memory about the flow of a
conversation.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD