Kontact on 4.3.85

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 17:26:43 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:

Just a wild guess, since Kontakt incorporates the addressbook, kmail, korganizer et
al.

Try starting kaddressbook alone and select the addressbook to use. By default, this
appears to be an akonadi resource, which caused kaddressbook to crash (likely because
I had not configured it). Since I don't use akonadi and likely won't until a year or
two from now, and since I don't have any addresses in this unused akonadi resource,
there is no point in having an akonadi address resource, so I deleted it.

Then, since all my addresses are in a traditional vcf file, I asked kaddressbook to
open a different addressbook, namely the real vcf addressbook.

Once done, kaddressbook now started up without crashing. Since kmail and kontakt make
use of the addressbook in kaddressbook, this could (?) be a problem.