what is stable?

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 28 17:20:34 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 13:55:45 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2009 20:05:16 Anne Wilson wrote:

I agree with Anne up to a point. Most of us are using Fedora because rapidity
of development and the advancement of feature sets. But I do think that Fedora
stable releases should make a rule that core backends always be marked as
stable by the developers before they are released as stable in Fedora. Not
Beta, Alpha, or RC. If things go bad, then where is a reasonable place to
begin triage. It might slow things down. But I suspect only a little. The
trick here of course is identifying core backends, not just peoples favorite
application.

Eli

believed to be clean.