F10 kde logout problems

Allen Zhu allen.jaloola at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 17:04:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Peter Reed <mrdeadworry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have  problem logging out of my kde session with one user.  I have added
> another user and that user can log out without a problem.  The original
> user
> cannot log out, reboot or shut down the computer with the kde log out
> dialog,
> of course I can reboot and shutdown from the console.  The newly created
> user
> can do all of the above without incident.
> I use kdm display manager and I am up to date in all software packages.  In
> fact this problem surfaced after the latest round of updates.
> The user in question can log out, reboot, and shutdown from a gnome session
> so
> seems to be kde related.
> Any ideas where I should start to look into this problem?
> Peter Reed

I think your KDE configuration is corrupt.

If you don't mind losing all of your settings and restore everything to
default fedora, the quick fix would be to delete your .kde directory in your
home folder.

That's the quick fix in exchange for restoring to default...

Which account do you use more often?

Allen Zhu
allen.jaloola at gmail.com