KMail is horrifically slow?

Ariel Constenla-Haile ariel.constenla.haile at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 6 21:59:53 UTC 2010

Hello Anne,

On Tuesday 05 January 2010, 12:01, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Since the 4.3.85 updates I've had lots of problems with kontact.  Some are
>  now sorted, but most obtrusive is the fact that every time I send a
>  message I get upwards of half a minute of 99% activity before it goes, and
>  during that time I can't read another message, change folder, or anything.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?  I'm turning off signing for this one, to see
> whether that makes a difference.

I wouldn't say it's "horrifically slow", but it's slower than before.

With the System Activity viewer open, sorted by CPU usage, I created a new
blank mail, and after pressing Send, I can see virtuoso_t climbing up the list
for a few seconds, consuming 23% of CPU.

In conclusion, I'd blame Nepomuk/Virtuoso.
If you can test with the System Activity, share the results back.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina