[Fedora-legal-list] Would like to use Papercdcase for distributing Fedora Linux

Justin O'Brien three at threethirty.us
Tue Feb 23 01:11:48 UTC 2010

Hello:

I am a North American Fedora Ambassador and would like to ask for a non
exclusive Creative Commons License [1] to use Papercdcase for the
purpose of distributing Fedora Linux [2].

Because we are a Free Software and Free Culture project we need to be
able to re-distribute everything under Free Licenses that allow for
commercial distribution.

There are a couple of Creative Commons Licenses that we/you could use:

Attribution
cc by
This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your
work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original
creation. This is the most accommodating of licenses offered, in terms
of what others can do with your works licensed under Attribution.

License Deed: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0
Legal Code: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode

Attribution Share Alike
cc by-sa
This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work even for
commercial reasons, as long as they credit you and license their new
creations under the identical terms. This license is often compared to
open source software licenses. All new works based on yours will carry
the same license, so any derivatives will also allow commercial use.

License Deed: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0
Legal Code: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode

Thank you for your consideration.

--
Justin "threethirty" O'Brien
Fedora Ambassador & Marketing Team Member
threethirty at fedoraproject.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Threethirty
threethirty on freenode.net
@threethirty - twitter/identi.ca/jaiku