[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: slashdot

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 23 09:53:12 UTC 2006

Nicola Losito wrote:

> I'd like to read "Fedora does not encourage, endorse or include" ....
> leaving open some doors.

You said Fedora Project will not include mp3 codecs. Thats not going to
change as long as it is a proprietary patent encumbered format.

> In any case in the mail exchange with Raul i've said that I'd like to
> see a more consistend distribution of software into an handful of repo,
> and not the actual plethora, never said that Fedora should include mp3
> proprietary codec or whatever :-)

Fedora Project only include three repositories officially - Fedora Core,
Extras and Legacy. Thats just a handful.

> Yes, 14.
> Essentially the one's available in FedoraTracker's list, avoiding ATrpms
> and JPackage which gave me problems several times.
>
>> To me, that seems like it would be a lot of trouble, and a recipe for
>> instability in the system.
>
> Yes, indeed. And that's why i am discussing it :-)

These are third party repositories you choose to install yourself. Why
discuss that here?

Rahul