four f's iconography

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 22 18:22:35 UTC 2008

> I don't *think* it's going to be an issue - think of the four
> foundations as more a particular Fedora campaign... the iconography
> should be done in the same style as the logo artwork, for example,
> but in no way is meant to replace it or supercede it. We'll use the
> standard Fedora fonts and colors etc. when doing it so hopefully
> it'll be a nice extension that we can rotate out if need be.
>
> Does that make sense?

Mostly, I guess. Tbh, I don't have much of a clue about these things,
just my gut feeling! The only thing that still concerns me is that as
a particular campaign, the feel of the four fs is a little too similar
to that of f-i-v. Most campaigns integrate the existing brand into
their new message, using well known logos coupled with new material.
Wish I could come up with some examples...

I guess we achieve a similar thing by using the same fonts and
colours, /me continues to feel clueless but unsettled.

Jon